Me aged 3, preparing to huck it long.
I enjoyed all sorts of sports, but my major interest from 1993-2008 was in disc (frisbee) sports, particularly Ultimate Frisbee. I always liked throwing things around, particularly things that fly well, so I got hooked on Ultimate Frisbee in my second year at Macquarie Uni. I played for the Australian National team in 1996 (Jonkoping, Sweden), 1998 (Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA) and 2000 (Heilbronn, Germany), as well as various club sides in Sydney:
- Harbour Grudges (1997-1998)
- Bushfire (1999-2000)
- Thong (2001)
- Feral (2002)
- Dregs (2003)
- Fakulti (2004-2007)
All of the useful information such as skills, drills and tactics, which was once on these pages, was moved to Ultimate Frisbee Australia. Doesn't look like they've maintained it, though some of the black and white line art images of frisbee grips I created have been pirated around the interwebs!
Here are links to photos from various ultimate related tournaments/trips/teams:
- 2009-08-23 - Photos from the Sydney IV
- 2006-05-06 - Photos from Fakulti-Wildcard end of season awards
- 2005-10-21 - Photos from Mixed Nationals 2005 in Adelaide
- 2002-08-04 - Photos from the World Ultimate Club Championships in Hawaii
And disc designs